Monday, August 18, 2008

For my new *born* sister

I dedicate this blog to Indumathi Kasinathan alias Indu, who tied "rakhi" for me, on the eve of raksha bandhan. This is the first time in my life someone has tied rakhi and accepting me as her brother. I had been to Indu's house that day where I met her father and mother along with Ambiga. It was a pleasent welcome. This raksha bandhan was a preplanned one and with atmost sincerity I went there, met everyone and had a good time with Indu's family. She took me to the pooja room, and infront of God and parents, she tied rakhi for me... I can't say in words, how happy I was to receive such a big honour to be a brother. She is the only daughter and while tying the rakhi, I could see her hand shivering. I could sense that she was totally involved in this activity and by heart she has accepted me as her brother... I loved each and every moment there... Had some "sarkara pongal" parecelled and left the place after sometime.... An unforgettable day in my life... :-)